Acupuncture aims to improve the body’s functions by promoting a natural self healing process. We provide both western acupuncture and dry needling services at BodyViva.
- Utilises meridian points but applies it to ‘western’ reasoning with particular consideration to relevant neurophysiology and anatomy.
- The insertion of the needle creates a local inflammatory response to help stimulate a healing response.
- The needle also stimulates local nerve fibres to help modulate pain at the spinal cord level and create descending pain inhibition from the brain.
- Involves needling to altered or dysfunctional tissues in order to improve or restore function.
- This may include needling of myofascial trigger points and periosteum.