Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Saba has conducted further training in pelvic floor physiotherapy to treat a variety of women’s health problems including bladder incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic/pelvic floor pain, bowel problems and pre to post natal care.
WOMEN’S HEALTH PHYSIOTHERAPY
Saba is friendly, gentle and easy to talk to, as well as respectful and empathetic of her patients’ concerns. Our treatment rooms are private so you can freely talk about any of your women’s health concerns.
Some of the common women’s health concerns Saba assesses and treats through pelvic floor physiotherapy include:
- Urinary Urge Incontinence (rush to empty bladder and leakage)
- Stress Incontinence (urine leakage with cough/sneeze/jump/run)
- Fecal/bowel Incontinence (Fecal leakage)
- Bladder overactivity/ Detrusor overactivity (frequent sensation to urinate)
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Pelvic floor overactivity (tight or painful pelvic floor)
- Pelvis pain
- Pelvic Organ prolapse + pessary fitting
- Natal and post natal safe exercises
- Post natal assessment
- Dyspareunia (painful intercourse)
- Endometriosis (pain management)
- Rectus Diastasis assessment and rehab
- Musculoskeletal pain during and after pregnancy
- Mastitis and blocked ducts
- Low back pain in pregnancy
- Pregnancy safe exercises
Your initial assessment includes
a comprehensive assessment addressing your concerns. If necessary, an internal pelvic floor examination may be performed to asses pelvic floor strength, activation and tone.
However, if you do not wish to have an internal assessment, there are other ways we can assess your condition. Our pelvic floor physiotherapist will give you advice and discuss management options to address your concerns and improve your day-to-day quality of life. Treatment may include specific pelvic floor exercises, bladder retraining education, pregnancy safe exercises, pre and post surgery advice and hands-on treatment.